Thursday, June 16, 2011

Brace Face!

Growing up, i was bullied for my very crooked teeth.  I have wanted and needed braces for a very long time.  And on January 3, 2011, thanks to God for blessing me with Deb Cawvy, was the first day I started my "treatment plan" for my very messed up teeth. I have some pictures (not exactly something I want to flaunt) that I want to post to show the progress from the last 6 amazing months. I started out with spacers. Basically retainers that expanded every 3 days to get my jaw to expand and round out.


 January 3, 2011... the front view

January 3, 2011.... the side (look how far out my front tooth is sicking out!)

May 19, 2011- Got my braces on May 20, 2011

May 22, 2011.... Braces on!

Today!

Today I got my braced tightened and colors changed. i moved up two wire sizes instead of one. And I got the "chain" put across the six front teeth. this will close the space on the right side of my mouth and my front teeth will be together. I go back in 2 weeks to get bands put on my back teeth. then back in a week to get impressions. then back in 2 weeks to get a wire permanently (or semi- permanent) across the roof of my mouth. The appointment after that will be to shrink a tooth (down size/shave part of it off) and then bottom brackets.

The difference between January and now is amazing and i can't even EXPLAIN how amazing this experience is!! I thank God constantly for his :)

1 comment: