Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mexico Days 3-4

Day 3:
I'm sick. Figures. I had a headache the night before and when I woke up I almost threw up from pain. At one point I fell over. Lovely. I pressed on. I was NOT missing out on this.
Day one of VBS: a short day because of our church's feeding program. It was short, simple. Fun. So many laughs and cute kids. We weren't at the church but that didn't mean anything to these kids. God was evident.
That night our Pastoras Angelica and Nickolas spoke. Testimonies and love. They've both been through a lot. But Angelica's story brought half the team to tears. She hated her mom. She told her she wished she was dead. Told her that if God were real then her mom would be dead the next day.
She wasn't.
It took YEARS for her to forgive her mom. Torture. But God did. Before she started talking about forgiveness I felt it. A ping.
tell mom you love her
I wrote it down. At the end of her speaking there was an opportunity. Matt prayed and asked who needed to forgive their parents. A few raised there hands. I did. At this point I was shaking terribly and bawling uncontrollably. I wasn't ashamed. It's funny. In weakness, you don't care any more. I just wanted to let it go. Prayer is powerful. I had this WEIGHT lifted off my shoulders... Off my body. I wanted my Mommy.

Day 4:
Joshua 1:9
The theme for today.
Church services.
Worship was amazing. Two languages singing the same song, praising the same God? There's nothing like it.
I shared Romans 12: 21with the congregation.
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (NKJV)
And then our group (Except Heidi and Mark because they preached) went and taught Sunday school. It was so much fun and the beginning of the bonding experience we were going to have that week!!
That night? More tears. When your pastor starts crying.... When the room is in tears... Yeah it was bound to happen. Theme? Let it Go
Shelby, who had no idea about my family, began praying with me. I started to calm down but then she said "don't worry about your family. They'll be okay." and back to sobbing. I let it go.
PRAISE GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment