Thursday, January 30, 2014

To Walk Upon The Waters


God has spoken volumes to me in this song.  A lot of people have asked me if I am afraid to go to Russia.  My answer was yes for the longest time.... but lately this song as changed that yes into no.  It has turned my nerves into excitement.  It has turned my struggles into defeated battles.  This song has challenged me to find nothing but the eyes of God in this plan.  I've said yes to something absolutely crazy in the eyes of every single person around me.  I've gone through strife and struggle just to get through the paperwork.  I've made an idiot out of myself trying to learn a language.  I've walked out on to these dangerous waters and lost my balance because I wasn't focused.  Here is God, calling me to this country, and I've discovered that if I refuse to look around me at the troubles, God will fight those waves and walk me across this ocean (quite literally-- seeing as Russia is halfway around the world.)

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand
I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise my soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine
Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now
So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

I need to trust God without borders.  I must go where I am called.  I cannot do it alone.  I look at my life in the last year and praise God that He has been there to help me fight: through sickness, through loss, through completion, through training, through goodbyes, through literal fire, through the loneliest time of my life.  God walked me through that insane ocean storm, one that I could not be rescued from, but instead was held above by the one Thing that has remained constant.  God has not let me go, and it is time to take Him out of this box that prevents me from trusting Him anywhere in my life or anywhere in the world.  So here I am, telling God, take me to this place.  Pull me so deep into your embrace that I cannot see the fundraising struggles, the questions about why I am still here, questioning Him why I am still here, the dangers I may or may not face, the goodbyes... but most of all, hold me so tight that I never ever want to let go.  Take me where you need me, build me up in character, keep me above those waves.... make me stronger so I can go to all the nations and help the world become stronger.  Take this passion that is so strong in my soul that it physically hurts, and share it with every single person I come in contact with.  Let the world see you.  

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior
I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine

Oceans (where feet may fall)- Hillsong United

No comments:

Post a Comment