Sunday, July 31, 2011

Insomnia

So lately I have been having a very difficult time sleeping.  It has been about 3 or 4 weeks of constant tossing and turning.  I hit my breaking point yesterday when I was operating on 3 hour of sleep.  I was wide awake (but exhausted) and tossing and turning until 5:30 am.  And of course, i couldn't sleep past 8:30, so where did that leave me? A mess.  I had my niece's second birthday party at my house and the entire time I felt like I was totally snappy and rude, and I really hate that side of me.  Granted, I am generally always like that with my family, but i was like that with some friends who were in attendance as well.  I have about one day a week where I sleep a solid 8 hours, but I tend to wake up every couple of hours during the night.  The only reason I get "so much" sleep those nights is because my body is completely run dry and can't handle it any more.  I don't understand why all of a sudden I am up until 2 or 3 crying because I have been tossing and turning for 5 hours... and this happens almost every night.  It isn't my caffeine intake (which i have cut down with no positive results). It isn't because I have been getting too much sleep (HA). And isn't because I'm sitting around doing nothing every day.  My days off are spent relaxing because I am so tired from no sleep, waking up early, having kids and orthodontist appointments, and going home to not sleep and starting the process over again.  I'm not sure if I am just stressed from my home environment, nervous for the internship, moving out, or what.  I  mean, what could it be?  I drink decaf coffee after 2pm. I have tried sleeping pills, NO success, and I am beyond exhausted when it is time to sleep.  I have no idea what to do any more but I am starting to run dry.  If anyone has ANY suggestions, PLEASE feel free to suggest! I have a very specific way I go to sleep and I have been on that schedule for a long time.  I tried switching it up and keeping it the same with practically the same result. With the Internship starting in 15 days I need to figure out something fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment