Friday, October 21, 2011

Intern: week 10 or something like that

As you can tell, I have lost count of the weeks. that is so easy to do these days. I mean, it consumes my life in all ways, good and bad. and I'm not complaining.  Aside from some over exhaustion I am doing fabulous.  Okay, that's a lie. My life is a little complicated, but this internship makes it a little more bearable.  I am doing what God has asked me to do.  I'm exhausted. But I keep going.  Pushing on. Perseverance. So I sleep a little less, cry a little more.  That's my new normal. And I am generally okay with it.  As long as my Mondays and Saturdays are there to sleep in.  I can handle it.  I'm being pushed. Praying. Seeking. Persevering. I just have to believe it while I am operating on four hours of sleep, with two term papers, two finals, and a book i do not want to read, all due around the same date.  But i did it. I persevered. Well, my final was moved to Wednesday, but I did the rest. And I may be terrified about passing that class, but I can do it.  Why? Because God is on my side.  I am not alone.  I have been through a lot these last few weeks and the devil is pushing me. HARD. But I've told him no. He has lost that power. I am strong when I am weak. Why? Because I have Jesus.  Duh.  Like it isn't the most obvious thing in the world?? Okay, so maybe I didn't see it.  Sometimes I still don't. But I do.  He has brought me through hell and back. And I wouldn't change the process in which it took me to cross that freaking finish line.  I am away from my past. Focused. Pursing my God. I'm not looking back. Okay, maybe I am. I can't help it. But I am taking steps.  Keep walking. That's all it takes. Steps. In the right direction of course. This is kind of what I have been figuring out these last few weeks.  I am on a sort of mini vacation right now, and after the first night of NO sleep, I am going to be sleeping full night sleeps until I get home.  I need it. So I don't burnout. Or lose my mind. Because it is heading that direction.  But in this, I am noticing the devil going after me. When I am tired.  So I keep awake. Stay refreshed. Keep walking. I'll feel okay when I am a little lazy.  I like lazy. Especially when I have a very small amount of time to be lazy.  I will take my time to breathe.  Take my time with Christ. And I will survive. And maybe I will find a little more time to blog :)

"Don't be so driven by your past that you throw away your future."
-Katherine Beckett

No comments:

Post a Comment