Sunday, October 7, 2012

Disappointements and Hope

As I shared about A Miracle a few days ago, comes the sharing of diappointment.  Today, I had the expectation of my sister coming to church.  The miracle of this occasion... dashed with a giant bucket of disappointment... no show.  My heart was completely crushed as I stood on stage during baptisms and didn't see her face or my niece in the back. 
In this comes hope with the baptisms.  I assisted with eight baptisms this weekend... three being my friends and three being the Christen girls.  I've watched Annabella, Madeline, and Catherine grow so much since I started attending Faith Center.  This summer, I was there as Maddie accepted Christ in her life at Kids camp... I was there.  I prayed with her to recieve the Holy Spirit... a first for me, and a seriously eye opening experience for both of us.  God was there.  And I cry when I see the power of God in this little girl, as well as her sisters!  It makes me realize that life altering decisions will not happen over night.  I have been waiting five years for my sisters to see the truth.  And as God slowly breaks through my sister, I am expecting her to show up praising Jesus... and that is an expectation I am pushing too hard... I can't help it! All I want in this life is for my family to see Truth... to see Christ.  All I want is to stand next to them in church praising God and what He has done.  And as the walls break on my sister, I have become impatient.  It isn't my timing, clearly.  But it's happening.  I was devestated beyond belief today.  I haven't cried or hugged that much in years... or so it feels that way.  I know it isn't my timing, but that little glimmer of hope is just yelling "Here I am!!"  So there I go... expecting and being disappointed.  Nothing breaks my heart more than this disappointment... all i want...

No comments:

Post a Comment