Wednesday, December 12, 2012

December 9

BE WILLING to go out on a limb with Me. If that is where I am leading you, it is the safest place to be. Your desire to live a risk-free life is a form of unbelief. Your longing to live close to Me is at odds with your attempt to minimize risk. You are approaching a crossroads in your journey. In order to follow Me wholeheartedly, you must relinquish your tendency to play it safe.
Let Me lead you step by step through this day. If your primary focus is on Me, you can walk along perilous paths without being afraid. Eventually, you will learn to relax and enjoy the adventure of our journey together. As long as you stay close to Me, My sovereign Presence Protects you wherever you go.
Psalm 23:4
Psalm 9:10
John 12:26
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.

As someone who has probably never taken a real risk, this spoke volumes to me. I've always said, "no way!" "Are you crazy?" "Danger!" To anything that might be considered a risk. And here I am, possibly leaping across the ocean taking the biggest risk possibly ever in my life. I see growth in the sense that I am not afraid. I see growth that I am excited. I see growth that I wasn't even AFRAID to tell someone my thoughts and feelings about being a missionary. As someone who people say, "oh, she's in a weird mood! Let's do something risky!" I have to admit, this is far more risky than anything I could ever imagine. And I have no fear. When I read this devotion the other morning, I realized how much of my life I have put on hold out of fear, out of unbelief. I'm sure I will have regrets 5 years from now about something I should have done in college. But I will no longer sit here and do nothing. No. I wrote me personal constitution a few weeks ago and one of my life goals is to never regret anything. I never ever want to say no to God or give up on something He has given me the ability to do... No matter what. So. Here I am. Taking a risk. Saying YES to what I have been called to do. I want to be a missionary. At least for a little while. He knows where and how and all the details. So for now I will remain proactive and "keep working at it" as He told me to do yesterday. I'm beyond excited and I have no fear. Here I GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment