Tuesday, February 12, 2013

God Is So Much Bigger

I've had a new perspective on missions and life just in the last 24 hours. I'm going to be challenged. It's going to be maddening at times. And I'm going to fight in order to stay on the right path, but it's so worth it. It's the first time I'll be on my own in a way. No rules necessarily. No curfew. An adult. It's emotionally exciting and causes tears, but I can't wait.
I've been reading a lot on missions in prep for training and I've found so much in the Bible about God's amazing works in the world. Jesus went everywhere capable. God commanded it that all the world know Jesus. Yes we know that. But do we know how Jesus went about it? Do we fully comprehend that? In love. If we walk in love then they will know the gospel. Knowing that I am capable of love and knowing I am capable to fulfill this calling is overwhelming and makes me so sure that this is right. I may not be fluent in Russian yet. I may have little experience in missions. But I know what it is to love. I know how to love these kids. I know how to love these people. I know what to do. And it amazes me that God has finally set in from of me His mission for me. After all this preparation I'm ready.
I was listening to Heidi speak this weekend and she said "The Creator is bigger than the creation." And I never thought of it like that. God is so much bigger than what we see in front of us. The scenery. The animals. The people. He is so much greater. Meaning His plans are incomprehensible and His creation is incomparable to anything. I'm so far beyond blown away at what He is capable of. He took me, this 21 year old out of little Eureka... Brought me through a crazy life and testimony unique to only me.... He brought me through barriers so strong that only He could break them... He pushed me through school and this internship. With graduation on the horizon and Russia not far after.... I see where He has been all along. Where He is so much bigger than what He has done for me. And I am ready. I'm ready for His greater plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment