Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lent

So every year I do lent. No I'm not catholic. But I use this time to refocus on the importance of God in my life. I usually fast coffee but I'm already on a no caffeine restriction. So I decided to fast country music. Slightly ridiculous but this is harder than any year I've done yet. My life depends so much on music and I think non stop about how I wish I were listening to Blake Shelton or Miranda Lambert. It's sad how much I like it and how much I miss it. But now I know the importance of focusing on God during this time. Whenever I think about missing country music I pray. It brings me closer to God and makes it a little easier. It's only been 4 days and I'm slightly miserable. But I know in the end that it will work out and when I get back to listening to country music I will be so much more thankful for it b

1 comment:

  1. Funny you post this! I just gave up my country Pandora station a couple of weeks ago. I miss it, but every argument I had (with God) on why I should still "get" to listen to it sounded really dumb when I actually said it. The only non-Christian music I still listen to is when we play Just Dance. lol

    ReplyDelete