Sunday, April 29, 2012

I spoke

I wrote this on Friday night at a leadership retreat.

Today, I spoke.
Evangelism. The topic of discussion.
Six youth groups.
One story.
Mine.
How has evangelism played a part in my life?
To me, evangelism has played a vital roll in my saving. I was evangelized to. I was loved. I was prayed for. To me? That's evangelism. Spreading the love of Christ is evangelism. At 15 or 16 years old I walked in to uturn. My life? A mess. I was sick. Starving. In need of Love. In need of people. In need of God.
I walked in on that Tuesday night to see a blonde haired crazy girl up front praying for people. I was so beyond fixing, or so I thought. I walked right up to the tall blonde girl and told her my story. And she prayed with me. She still prays with me. She loved me from the moment she spoke to me, the moment she saw my face. And that prayer, that love... It changed my life. I've discovered that the most effective way to spread the Love of Christ is to love like Christ. We will never fully comprehend how much God loves us, but even a fraction of that love is life changing. This blonde haired girl, her name was Lindsay Collins (now Rasmussen)... She has seen me fly high and plummet straight in to the ground. But I know she still loves me. And I know for a fact that she prays for me. She is why I love like I do. She showed me God's love, and now that's all I want to do. Love. Pray. Tell my story.
Spreading God's love... That's what I call evangelism.

No comments:

Post a Comment