Thursday, June 28, 2012

My first "How to..." blog!

Yeah, I never "how to" anything... considering I'm not the greatest instructor and I have yet to find time to get creative! Tonight I am babysitting and was given permission to dig for what I could find ;)
Tonight's how to? S'mores in the oven... With mini marshmallows and chocolate chips... a little modification but oh well!! I made this up myself... so if you are slightly hesitant with my results, I don't recommend making it  :)

Step One:
Put the children to bed :)










 


Step two: Preheat oven to 375... a generally used heat, so that's what I did











Step 3: ingredients!
I used:
• 2 whole pieces of graham cracker (holds the mini's on better)
• Enough foil to wrap around finished product
• as many mini marshmallows and chocolate chips that I could make fit!







Step 4: put ingredients together
1 graham cracker on the bottom
Marshmallows and chocolate chips
1 graham cracker on top
I put the 'mallows on first and lined them up (OCD and they stay on better.) I tried to just throw them all on... yeah not going to work.  Then I pile chocolate chips on top. 
If you find you're having difficulty keeping the treats inside, I folded the foil to make a few walls like this:
 



Once you are satisfied with the middle, place the second graham cracker on top and wrap the treat like a present in the foil.










 

Step 5: place in oven.












Step 6: patience!  It took longer than I thought (actually I have been typing this whole thing on my phone since I put them in...) I looked up online recipes for the simple treat to get time estimates.  Didn't help. Most said 6-8 minutes at 350 degrees.  So far I am on 11 minutes and I have checked it twice.  The marshmallows are melted but the chocolate chips still need some time.


Read while you wait :)
Final time: 15 minutes










 

Step 7: remove from oven
Step 8: enjoy!!  Be careful... it's hot!!
Soooo I over cooked the marshmallows a little (but not burnt!) The graham crackers broke.... And the chocolate chips don't LOOK melted, but they melted as soon as I took a bite! It was delicious! And yes, I made a super long step by step about a really simple dessert but it was fun! And I feel like Lindsay :)
Oh, and thanks Bray family for the kitchen use, ingredients, and cute kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment