Thursday, April 18, 2013

My God

Today in devotions we are talking about all that God is to us. Listing, story telling, explaining exactly who He is.

God has always been my provider. Making the impossible happen, making me believe in the little things. Giving me not only what I need but managing to give me what I want. He has shown me right from wrong, pulled me away from the wrong path and lead me down the right one. He has taught me what it means to forgive, to have grace, to receive grace.
He is my Rock. My salvation. Without whom I cannot stand. He has pulled me from the depths of what seems like hell and taken me back to a place where I am no longer afraid.
He is my Father. He was there when my earthly father wasn't, and remains now even when my father has returned.
He takes care of me. I may be sick, but He knows just how to make me okay. He knows how to comfort me in my loneliness and care for me when I want no one else.
He is my Commander. As they say in the Army, He leads his platoon. He whips me into shape when I start to get lazy. Pushes me farther when I want to give up. However, instead of yelling at me when I do wrong, He gently whispers in my ear, "I forgive you," and encourages me on.
He is my everything. My laughing buddy, my shoulder to cry on, my secret keeper. My Best Friend.
He is my teacher. When I make mistakes, He teaches me how to move on. He brings me back to focus when I lose my concentration, which, let me tell you happens quite often.
He is my water, soil, and light. Like a plant, without these I will not grow. My roots are deep in the soil of His word, begging to be replenished and poured into. I'm dropping seeds everywhere and finally I see God pushing them into the soil. They're ready to grow.
He is the sun, warming my soul, warming my heart. He fills me with joy, takes away the cold, bringing light into my life. He takes the rain and cold and turns it to an unexplainable rainbow of color.
He is my joy. My hope. All I am.
Most importantly God has taught me how to love. Love myself, love my God, love others. Without love, I would not exist. I would have given up a long time ago. He has given me a calling to love. A calling to bring love to the world. A calling to bring people to love itself, Him.
God you are more. I am less. Take hold of my life and lead me where You want me to go. I give you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment