Thursday, April 25, 2013

Missions Training, Thus Far

Well I'm exhausted. So far I've spent 26 hours of the last 3.5 days in training sessions. Some basic Foursquare knowledge, other, application.
Amidst the crazy struggle to stay awake has come everlasting friendships. Alynena (pronounced Alina) and I am getting along great. She's 28 and the closest one to my age. Mauricio is 29 and has the most powerful story and calling to Nicaragua I have ever heard. I'll recommend his book to you once I find out what it is called. You HAVE to read it. I met Steve Cecil, finally. We have fun telling people that we are going to Russia, and yet we just met on Monday night. He's already stretched me, taking me on crazy adventures in the City that I was not expecting to go on. I meet Kim tomorrow, and Johnell is really excited to see how much energy we create (apparently she's nuts too).
God has been so good, even amidst the tragedy. I'm struggling so much right now, finding out last night that my Grandfather passed away. No family here. No friends. I don't know where I would be without the Loops and Steve. They hugged me, let me cry, brought me Starbucks, and gave me comfort through the Holy Spirit. I still feel pretty abandoned and alone, but I know God will take care of me. My Dad is rushing home from the Philippines and I'm in prayer about whether or not I need to leave. His memorial is on Wednesday next week and I cannot imagine missing it... But I don't know what God wants yet. I'm just so glad I saw him last week.
Even amidst the tragedy God knows just what to do. I've spent the last 10 hours of session with the Holy Spirit and some amazing missionaries. I lead someone in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, where she then received her prayer language. A first time experience for me. I took part in a healing, another first, and was told I have power when I pray. She was healed. I was prayed for, but it seems healing like this isn't what God has planned yet. I'm waiting. In pain and hungry, but I know he knows better. I shared my testimony for only the second time and spoke into someone's life about patience in pain. I'm suffering emotionally and physically, pretty terribly right now, but I've done enough crying today. I'm ready for some joy.
I had my intake interview where I explained my short comings and how I over came them. I explained my heart. I loved. I had to talk in detail about my severe eating disorder for the first time in 3 years. Honesty was my only intent. I have overcome and I am no longer ashamed. I struggle but refuse to give in.
Courage. Bravery. Words that were used to describe me. I can't take credit. God can. But I can't. They're happy with my results. So I trek on in the FMI process.
That's the last three and a half days. 8 to go. Please be praying for strength. We're all exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome!! It was great hearing you on the phone with Heidi last night. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete