Saturday, November 26, 2011

Joy

So. I'm not one to admit when God slaps me in the face but tonight it was like I got punched.  I wouldn't say my life is amazing. I'd say it has been good.  I would also say it's been bad.  It depends on how I look at it. Matt said tonight that Facts plus Perspective equals Reality. I'd say my perspective has been a little off lately.  I have a lot going on with family and things outside of my control happening around me, and I seem to dwell on those negative things.  Those facts plus a negative perspective equals a dreadful reality.  On top of that, Amy has been drilling into my pessimistic brain to focus on the positive.  Have joy in all I do.  Or At least find it in the little things.I dwell on the negative a lot of times and don't focus on what God has put right in front of my face. Hello. And of course, I ignored my Best Friend. Stubborn. And then God punched me in the face tonight. He pointed out all of the good things in my life and how I am was completely acting like those good things are completely void.  I need to find joy in my life.  I'm going to start texting my joys to Amy. I'm going to force myself to focus on the positive. The negatives are going to eat me alive.  So here I am. On my blog. Declaring in some corn fest (corny) blog that I will be more optimistic.  I will find joy in every day. I will focus on the good that God has provided.  He has given me more than I could ever ask for. Even though I see things I think I need, He has given me enough. And enough is all I need. There is joy in enough.

1 comment:

  1. did joy's punch wake you up as much as my famous kick boxing punch?? :)

    ReplyDelete