Wednesday, January 4, 2012

You

You amaze me. With that angelic face and gentle smile, how you amaze me. You amaze me because it seems like a mask you hide behind. You hide behind and pretend like you know me.  You treat me as a nobody while you act like someone who everyone will love.  You disappoint.  You say hurtful things.  You judge me. You are imperfect. You say you have these imperfections that are non existent and reject those that are obviously apparent.  You expect so much from me that I can't even speak with you in a loving way. You make me hate myself and have an absolute disdain for people like you. You know what you are.  You know who you are. You know who you have tried to make me become.

But I read something today.  It said, "cross the line if you lost yourself while trying to make someone else happy." I have crossed that line so many times for people that I have lost count.  And now I draw the line.  I REFUSE to walk cross that line for you, or anyone else for that matter, ever again. I refuse to let you morph me into a jealous and tragically bitter human being.  You cannot turn me into one of your drones of self hatred and two faced attitudes.  I am free to be me.  Free to discover on my own Who I Am. You do not get to chose any more. You no longer can change my day with one rude comment because what you say will no longer have any importance in my life.  You are loved by me but you have no part of who I am, no part in shaping my life or being my friend. Until you figure out how to treat others equally, I am afraid we cannot spend any time together.  I am going to be free in myself you cannot control me Ever Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment