Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Girls

I'm exhausted.  That's pretty much all I wanted to say, but I guess that needs explanation...
After being knocked out for a week with sickness and then piling on my load this week, I feel like I'm going to get sick again.  I worked 13 hours nonstop yesterday, either driving or as an intern, or as a babysitter.... or as all three.  It was a difficult few days... Yesterday alone I drove for a total of 3.5 hours, 3 hours was with a 7 year old and a 5 year old.  Any point that we got in the car, one of them was either yelling or having a meltdown.  They're kids, so I have a little grace.  The last hour driving was a struggle, but I survived.  I had my girls, and that's what was important to me.  They missed Mommy, and were terrified to see a crying baby or mommy in the hospital, and I had to be the mean one that kept them away.  It broke my heart, but it was also rewarding.  I got the bed time cuddles, prayers, and "i love you" mumbled as they fell asleep.  And after all the work these last two days, that made it all worth it.  I always tell them they are my number two favorite people in the world (my niece being number one, and not being able to pick between the two for 2nd and 3rd).  I always say it isn't fair to pick favorites, but with them, it's allowed.  They're like my little sisters, and as they grow up, I'll be there for whatever they need.  I love special days and can take the fits.  I know what they like and how to calm them down.  It's work when weeks like this happen, but I know because of this, we're closer.  I'd do anything for them, and now we've got another beautiful girl to add to the crazy bunch.  I picture the day when Emilynn is older and big enough to ride in the front seat, and Brooklynn and Summerlynn (yeah working on a nickname for this beauty... though it seems to go with the pattern I've accumulated) are in the back seat, singing along to Taylor Swift and heading to Ultimate Yogurt or maybe an after church lunch date.  For now, I'll stay in the present, with "Tuh Tuh" and praying that this nickname never fades. Adore Emilynn and I's special handshake, love Brooklynn's and I's special relationship, and watching the Summerlynn grow.  I'll pray for patience and growth and guidance for these girls who I love like my sisters and consider to be.  I'll enjoy these hard weeks and love when we have special days and eye rolls and silly pretend arguments... Sleeping in the backseat of my car or giggling hysterically for absolutely no reason.  I'll remember the trust I've been given with them and cherish every moment I get with them.  They're my girls and I love them, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment