Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sickness

So... I have been basically... for lack of a better word, dying this last week. I spent all last Monday (except for a run... I think) in bed... literally.  I spent Tuesday night (after a run in the pouring rain [yes, I was pretty much asking for this sickness]) after work in bed, left work at 1 on Wednesday and slept from 5pm to 9:45 the next morning.  I spent my entire Thursday in bed except for class.  Worked 2 hours Friday, spent the rest of the afternoon in bed, went out with my small group for 5 hours. Saturday I felt better. I was able to talk which was a very limited possibility all week. My voice was fading but I wasn't stuffed up and my killer sore throat disappeared.  I felt great Saturday until about 7pm where my body quit functioning. I bailed on all activity after service and crashed at 10. After both services on Sunday I laid in the sun and on Heidi's couch until class. I stayed up until midnight to watch all of Army Wives (totally worth it) and woke up okay this morning. I feel pretty much healed except my energy... I still can't work out and it's been a week!! And my cough... though I'm told this one will last about 2 weeks. I get bogged down at night and it takes me half an hour in the morning to feel normal but my body has fought through most of it :)  it has been a hellish week with this cold or whatever it was, and I really hope I don't get sick again. This is the worst cold I've had in a long time or that I can recall. I am just so glad I'm better JUST in time to have my two favorite girls while their sister is coming into the world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment