Monday, February 20, 2012

12 Weeks of Motivation

I have my first official workout challenge in my head. Now, I'll spill it online. Then I will have more motivation to do it.
I keep seeing this picture everywhere... Pinterest. Facebook. Everyone pins or posts it. The first time I saw it I said "ha. I could never make it 12 weeks... let alone a week." Repinned it. I wish. Haha. I took no initiative. But now I have 5 or 6 friends pinning and posting it and I'm inspired. So. I counted this last weekend since I had a consistent workout schedule, and I've created the "12 weeks of Motivation" challenge.  Workout 6 days a week. Simple enough. But I also have to consider my work and school schedule. So now it's... get up at 6:30 four times a week, 6 am once a week, and when I wake up Saturday and Monday, I have to do something. Most likely running because I have no membership to a gym, nor the funds to get one. I hate running. Abhor it. Like I posted on Friday. But seriously, all I have wanted to do this last week (after it's dark and scary) is run. I hate it once I start, but the prospect of the end result appeals to me. So now, once a week (Friday), I will weigh myself, journal my daily activity, and take a weekly photo. I won't stare at these, dwell on the parts of me I hate. I will use it as motivation. I will eat healthier (45 days of veganism plus the healthy foods after) and hopefully continue to do this after May 11. I'm absolutely terrified of failure, maybe that's why I've never done this. But if I accidentally sleep in one day, can't manage a workout one day, or eat a piece of cake, I won't beat myself up. I'll learn. I will pick back up where I left off the next day, and I'll keep going.  And who knows, maybe by my 21st birthday (May 6) I'll be able to run in a race or event... I think there is one on my actual birthday too. That's on my bucket list (funny since I hate running). I could cross it off early. I just know I need to be healthier. And I want to increase my stamina. Speed? Cake. I ran a 7:18 mile this morning. Distance? I might puke on you after 2 miles. So I want to get up to 3. Maybe 5. But I'll start small. Anyway, if anyone wants to be my accountability partner of this, I'd be thrilled. I've tried this on my own but I've yet to be successful. Though I haven't had this motivation before... so who knows? Well. Off to bed... day 5 of 84 tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment