Thursday, February 23, 2012

Shoes for Bulembu

I have three new projects I am taking on. Starting this weekend, Faith Center will be hosting a shoe drive. It will be focused on children's shoes and in that department. I will be sending out flyers to parents asking them to bring in gently used or good conditioned shoes for kids in Bulembu. My very good friend, Tia, is currently in Africa and the village she is in (Bulembu) has no shoes. Her parents are going to Africa and are willing to take shoes with them on their trip. Thus, the project, "Shoes for Bulembu" has been given life. I am thrilled for this opportunity to serve in another country and communicate with kids, the importance of missions. This drive will end the weekend before March 31 and then we will have a Missions weekend with the kids.  I am having a "missions weekend" with our children's department where myself and probably 4 other people who have been on missions trips will speak about their experience on the field. We have mssionaries from Peru and the Philippines that just so happen to be my friends who would like to share their experience. On top of those long term experiences, myself and another friend will be sharing our short term missions to the Dream Center in LA as well as Baja, Mexico.   At the ende of "Missions weekend," they'll recieve little Children's Gospel Boxes and fill them with change for a few weeks. When we set a date to bring them back, the boxes of money will go to the CGB where the money raised will go to Missions.
Technically this is three different projects, but they are all rolled in to one.  If you have shoes or questions let me know.
I feel very passionate about this and so beyond called to this project.  My hewart flutters whenever I think about this and I am so excited to help this devestated village some shoes.
TO learn more about Bulembu just click the link :)

No comments:

Post a Comment