Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Life: two insane weeks

Well, I haven't posted in a while.  Trials and tribulations have made themselves present and run their course, all with a better outcome than expected.  Thanks God.  Insane, and I mean INSANE work schedules and homework have kept me from a social life.  Twitter and Facebook, as well as gossip magazines and television fasts (minus Castle) have disconnected me from the world.  I've found time to breathe, which is insanely relieving.  Assignments complete and almost a week of fasting still underway, I've found time to write more.  I started writing a book (again), let's see if I can actually finish it without chucking it out the window like my other three, never to see the light of day or eyes of spectators EVER.  I'm compiling my smaller works that I take a little pride in and creating a portfolio to see if I can snag the eyes of any publishers.  If anyone has suggestions or connections, let me know :)
I had my East Side Foursquare Internship interview an hour ago and I find out mid-March what my summer fate may be.  I might apply to a few other churches up North.  I feel called there, there is no doubt about that. The Holy Spirit has pulled me that direction since November, so whether it is East Side or somewhere else, I'll soon find out. 
I'm working my butt off with school and ELN, pushing myself, stretching farther than I ever though possible. Tears at least once a week.  I feel weak when I cry, but I feel so much better once I have let it all out... so much more confident in myself and in God's call to be here.  I've grown.  I know this.  I can't point out where, but I feel different. 
I have a host family and I am all moved in.  It takes me 30 minutes to get anywhere, but I've come to love the drive.  I get to play at least 3 more songs and sing along.  It pumps me up for work.  It readies me for a busy day.  It wakes me up. Makes me happy.
The family is absolutely lovely. She makes me breakfast every morning before work and after I sleep in on Saturdays, she makes me a late breakfast.   We went to costco and I was allowed to pick any food I wanted.  Dinners are delicious.  She can cook like no one I know.  She rivals Heidi in quality.  He is hysterical.  His Southern twang and deep laugh makes me laugh.  Great stories.  He compliments my outfits, giving me more confidence.  She hugs me and says "God Bless" before I leave anywhere. 
Love.  I've never known it like this.
My family has cut me off.  My little sister still talks to me but I'm no longer welcome at my father's house.  Everything is moved out and in storage.  I have nothing left of me at that house, though I don't think my father knows of my current rejection.  I haven't seen my niece in a month and my heart breaks every time I look at a picture of us.  I'm trying not to tear up at the thought.  I miss her more than words can even say.  I just want to hug her, love her, reassure her that I haven't abandoned her.  I have no choice.  I wish I could do something about it.
I completed my first presentation of the semester with midterms next week.  However, I think the farthest I will be stretched comes in the first week of March. In 5 days, I have 2 finals, 2 papers, and a presentation due.  Add on that during those 5 days I can't work on any of it or study because I have an orthodontist appointment and two crazy girls while their Mom has a planned C-section.  I don't mind having the girls.  In fact, I am beyond excited to be with two of my top five favorite people in the world.  Timing is just a little off.  But I am confident, after the last 2 weeks that i have had, that i will come through this.  Not easily.  So far from easy.  But I can... only with God holding me up, of course.
Alright.  Study time is over.  It's lunch (from home and dutch bros. :) ) time and then off to send out a giant mailer.  I love this week.  No sarcasm.  So much work in so little time, but it is right up my alley.  Mailers and a ton of filing.  I love this work.  Off to enjoy a little breathing time before it's back to the grind! Have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment